An Egyptian reading book (1888)

fullscreen
Author: Budge, E. A. Wallis (Ernest Alfred Wallis), Sir, 1857-1934
Subject: Egyptian language
Publisher: London : D. Nutt
Call number: SRLF:LAGE-4038447
Digitizing sponsor: MSN
Book contributor: University of California Libraries
Collection: cdl; americana

Average Rating: 3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Dexhumatore - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - November 25, 2009
Subject: Chaaarmed!
Being an eccentric myself, as my "coleague" express it, I am gonna download this book. Perhaps I will understand it better, as from an "eccentric" to another.
Taa Daa!

p.s. thank you for the next book recommendation falling into the same category.
Reviewer: W.M. van Haarlem - 1.00 out of 5 stars - July 6, 2007
Subject: An Obsolete Readingbook
I seriously wonder why anybody would take the trouble to digitize this book. It has only a antiquarian and curiosity value, but no scientific or educational value at all. Wallis Budge was already an eccentric in his own time, using an antiquated transliteration script; all his publications on Egyptian writing and language are hopelessly out of date. To use this as a readingbook to study Egyptian language and writing is the same as using 19th century textbooks on physical or chemical studies in present-day classes: the study of the Egyptian language and writing has made huge progress since then. A far better advice for a readingbook would be A. de Buck's 'Egyptian Readingbook'.

Selected metadata

Copyright-evidence-operator: james-hixon
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by james-hixon for item egyptianreadingb00budgiala on June 19, 2007: no visible notice of copyright; stated date is 1888.
Copyright-evidence-date: 20070619021736
Scanningcenter: iala
Mediatype: texts
Collection-library: SRLF